The “Star Wars Episode 7” casting lineup has been a mystery since the announcement of the anticipated flick. While we are still waiting for Adam Driver to be officially confirmed as one of the main baddies, Variety.com suggests that an additional casting announcement will be made soon. This time round the production is looking at placing the lead role, the following actors are reportedly in the running for the coveted role:
- Ed Speleers (“Downton Abbey”)
- John Boyega (“Attack the Block”)
- Jesse Plemons (“Breaking Bad”)
- Theater actors Matthew James Thomas
- Theater actors Ray Fisher
We have not heard a peep from Disney or J.J. Abrams regarding any possible storylines. Rumors suggest that we should prepare for a younger generation of Jedi taking the fight forward against the Dark Side. Additional rumors also suggest that Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, and Carrie Fisher are expected to reprise their roles in the upcoming flick. Adding fuel to the fire, there is a saucy rumor suggesting that Carrie Fisher is set to join the ‘Star Wars Episode 7′ production in London for Six Months.
Filming is set to start later this year in anticipation of completing the flick for a December 18, 2015 release date.
Feel free to check out our “Star Wars Episode 7″ archives for more details.
- ‘Transformers 4′ Star Jack Reynor cast in ‘Star Wars Episode 7
- Zac Efron “Went and Met with” Disney for ‘Star Wars Episode 7′
- Will Judi Dench Play Mon Mothma in ‘Star Wars Episode 7′?
- ‘Star Wars Episode 7′ Casting Rumors Update
- ‘Star Wars Episode 7′ Casting Rumors Include Military Man, Tough Teenage Girl and More
- ‘Star Wars 7′ Casting Rumors Include Emmanuelle Chriqui and Taissa Farmiga
Additional source: nerdist.com