The casting selections for the hotly anticipated “Star Wars Episode 7” has been shrouded in secrecy ever since the start of the project. We finally receive some solid info indicating who we can expect as one of the main baddies in the J.J. Abrams’ directed pic. “Girls” actor Adam Driver is reportedly in final negations to take on a “Darth Vader-style” villain role. Driver has been linked to the tentpole project for a while now and has recently become the favorite to take on a role. Scheduling conflicts with his HBO show “Girls” caused the delays to finalize a deal, but sources are now telling Variety.com that the scheduling issues are resolved and that a “deal should be finalized in the coming days.”
Director J.J. Abrams has remained very tight-lipped about the casting announcement and storyline. Rumor suggests that Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher are expected to reprise their roles as, Han Solo, Luke Skywalker, and Princess Leia respectively. Casting rumors for “Episode 7”continue to spread like wildfire with many big names in the mix. Jack Reynor, Zac Efron, Jesse Plemons, Sullivan Stapleton, Saoirse Ronan, Chloe Moretz, Alex Pettyfer, Rachel Hurd-Wood and Ryan Gosling are among the few rumored to take on roles. Feel free to check out our “Star Wars Episode 7″ archives for more details.
- ‘Transformers 4′ Star Jack Reynor cast in ‘Star Wars Episode 7
- Zac Efron “Went and Met with” Disney for ‘Star Wars Episode 7′
- Will Judi Dench Play Mon Mothma in ‘Star Wars Episode 7′?
- ‘Star Wars Episode 7′ Casting Rumors Update
- ‘Star Wars Episode 7′ Casting Rumors Include Military Man, Tough Teenage Girl and More
- ‘Star Wars 7′ Casting Rumors Include Emmanuelle Chriqui and Taissa Farmiga
“‘Star Wars Episode 7″ is set to be released on December 18, 2015. Two sequels are set to follow for 2017 and 2019 releases respectively.