The rumor that Ben Affleck might star in a Batman solo movie will probably be enough for DC comic book movie geeks to reach maximum overdrive and start a small witch hunt. Courtesy of Latino-Review, one of their latest reports suggests that the Caped Crusader will get his own solo movie starring Affleck. Thanks to Hollywood reporter Nikki Finke’s new website, we have reason to believe that Warner Bros and DC Comics are ready to make big DC movie announcements at San Diego Comic Con this year. Seven standalone DC comic movies were revealed with release dates slated till 2018. There is no mention of a Batman standalone flick in the pipeline, however the rumor suggests that the next Batman solo movie will be set for 2019.
The friendly folks over at Latino-Review had the following to say:
“According to sources, I’m hearing the studio is eyeing 2019 for the standalone Batman film and I even got a working title: THE BATMAN.”
“Again, 2019 for the standalone Batman film is what I’m hearing the studio’s plan is, which is of course subject to change. Years may pass before my story’s official confirmation, so, therefore the hot rumor label. The studio has five years of future Hall H Comic Con presentations to play with. Personally, I’m excited to see what Affleck brings to the role of Batman and think he’s the hottest choice of the last 25 years to don the cape.”
It seems that some DC comic book movie geeks do not share Latino-Review’s enthusiasm to see Affleck suit up as the Caped Crusader. Outraged fans launched a petition to get rid of the “Daredevil” actor back in August last year. The disappointment of “Dare Devil” is still a fresh wound for some fans of the comic book character considering the film’s poor box office performance and terrible ratings. Review aggregator Rottentomatoes.com gave the superhero flick 45% based on 214 reviews from the critics, while 465998 fans dishing out 36%.
Not helping the actor win over fans, Affleck also said in an interview once:
“By playing a superhero in ‘Daredevil,’ I have inoculated myself from ever playing another superhero. Wearing a costume was a source of humiliation for me and something I wouldn’t want to do again soon.” – Courtesy of Starpulse.com
Hopefully all is forgotten in anticipation of an amazing “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” crossover movie which is in production currently with a release date set for May 6, 2016. Henry Cavill will reprise his role as Superman, while Ben Affleck is suiting up to take on the role as the Dark Knight for the first time. Amy Adams will reprise her role as Lois Lane, and Gal Gadot will play Wonder Woman. Recent reports also tease that Jason Momoa will take on the role as Aquaman.
Recent updates for ‘Man of Steel 2′:
- The Rock Teases His Role As Green Lantern in Batman vs. Superman
- Lex Luthor and Alfred Cast in Batman vs. Superman – Internet Freaks Out (again)
- Gal Gadot Signed on for Three Movies as Wonder Woman
- ‘Man of Steel 2′ Moved Back to 2016 Due to Ben Affleck’s Rib Injury?
- Josh Holloway Rumored to Join ‘Man of Steel 2′ Cast
- Will Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson Play the Green Lantern in ‘Man of Steel 2′?
- Zack Snyder Addresses ‘Man of Steel 2′ Casting Backlash
- Batman vs. Superman Will Be Officially Titled ‘Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice’
- More Batman vs Superman Batsuit Images by Jim Lee and Frank Miller
- First Images of Batsuit and Batmobile Revealed for Batman vs Superman Movie
- Stage Actor Ray Fisher Tapped to Play Cyborg in ‘Man of Steel 2′
- Huge Superman Statue Erected for ‘Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice’