“Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” producer Charles Roven recently shared the origin story for Wonder Woman in the upcoming superhero movie. DC comic book geeks will be familiar with the variety of origin stories for the Amazonian warrior, but in all likelihood we can expect an origin story narrated in the New 52 comics. In an interview with “The Hollywood Masters” at the Loyola Marymount School of Film and TV, Roven said:
“She’s a demigod. Her father was Zeus.”
This explanation fits with the New 52 comic books where Diana is the daughter of Hippolyta, Queen of the Amazons, and Zeus, ruler of the gods. Faithful followers of the comic book series will be familiar with the origin story that sees Diana created out of clay, and blessed by the gods (Greek deities) with life because Hippolyta desired a child. It might be an easier introduction for a big screen heroine to be the daughter of an Amazon Queen and the ruler of gods, as oppose to a creature that received life via divine intervention. Just a thought.
Israeli actress/model Gal Gadot will take on the coveted role as Wonder Woman in the hotly anticipated “Man of steel” sequel. The casting announcement was met with mixed emotions from fans, with most of them citing her model figure and smaller breasts as a problem for the role. She humbly replied:
“I represent the Wonder Women of the new world. Breasts… anyone can buy for 9,000 shekels and everything is fine. By the way, Wonder Woman is amazonian, and historically accurate amazonian women actually had only one breast. So, if I’d really go “by the book”
Plot details for the upcoming DC pic is still under wraps. Henry Cavill’s Man of Steel and Affleck’s Batman will be joined by Amy Adams who reprises her role as Lois Lane. Recent reports also tease that Jason Momoa will take on the role as Aquaman, but nothing has been confirmed yet. Cameo appearances by some members of the Justice League have also been rumored; Nightwing, Flash and Green Lantern have been mentioned so far. “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” is set to be released on May 6, 2016.
Some updates for ‘Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice’ :
- ‘Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice’ Video Shows Wrecked Wayne Financial Building
- Comic-Con: First Look at Wonder Woman in “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice”
- New Photo of Ben Affleck as Batman
- Lex Luthor and Alfred Cast in Batman vs. Superman – Internet Freaks Out (again)
- Gal Gadot Signed on for Three Movies as Wonder Woman
- ‘Man of Steel 2′ Moved Back to 2016 Due to Ben Affleck’s Rib Injury?
- Will Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson Play the Green Lantern in ‘Man of Steel 2′?
- Zack Snyder Addresses ‘Man of Steel 2′ Casting Backlash
- More Batman vs Superman Batsuit Images by Jim Lee and Frank Miller
- First Images of Batsuit and Batmobile Revealed for Batman vs Superman Movie
- Will Doomsday Villainize ‘Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice’?