There is a 15 foot statue of Superman erected in front of a government building last week on the set of “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice”. While most geeks and movie enthusiasts were scratching their heads to grasp the meaning of this, batman-news.com set out to find the answers. It seems the statue was build to celebrate Superman saving the Earth in the first movie.
The site also mentioned the following about the events that took place on set:
“Gotham and Metropolis news trucks and helicopters were on the scene to cover the Mayor’s speech and the statue unveiling. Elementary school kids wore “Superman Survivors” shirts and helped pull a sheet off the statue for the big reveal. They also released real doves to celebrate statue unveiling. The Superman statue that we saw last week was incomplete — he was missing a head and other various body parts. That didn’t change when they filmed the scene for the movie. I’m told that the statue will be completed in post-production with CGI.”
While the official synopsis for “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” is still a mystery, the site also claim that the crossover movie will take place two years after the events of “Man of Steel”.
Henry Cavill will reprise his role as Superman, while Ben Affleck is suiting up to take on the role as the Dark Knight for the first time. Amy Adams will reprise her role as Lois Lane, and Gal Gadot will play Wonder Woman. Recent reports also tease that Jason Momoa will take on the role as Aquaman.
“Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” is set to be released on May 6, 2016.
Recent updates for ‘Man of Steel 2′:
- The Rock Teases His Role As Green Lantern in Batman vs. Superman
- Lex Luthor and Alfred Cast in Batman vs. Superman – Internet Freaks Out (again)
- Gal Gadot Signed on for Three Movies as Wonder Woman
- ‘Man of Steel 2′ Moved Back to 2016 Due to Ben Affleck’s Rib Injury?
- Josh Holloway Rumored to Join ‘Man of Steel 2′ Cast
- Will Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson Play the Green Lantern in ‘Man of Steel 2′?
- Zack Snyder Addresses ‘Man of Steel 2′ Casting Backlash
- Batman vs. Superman Will Be Officially Titled ‘Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice’
- More Batman vs Superman Batsuit Images by Jim Lee and Frank Miller
- First Images of Batsuit and Batmobile Revealed for Batman vs Superman Movie
- Stage Actor Ray Fisher Tapped to Play Cyborg in ‘Man of Steel 2′