Blizzard announced the changes they plan to implement to HearthStone. Some of these changes are expected, while other are rather surprising. Blizzard said on the HearthStone forum:
As we move further into the closed beta, we’re continuing to closely monitor card balance as more and more Hearthstone games are played. We also want to ensure that cards acquired in Hearthstone are done fairly through our various game modes.
Here’s the list of changes, HearthStone Patch Update – Card Nerfing and Gold caps:
- Gold earned capped to 100 per day: The amount of gold gained by winning games in Play mode per day will be capped at 100 in the upcoming patch. This cap does not affect gold gained through Quests, Arena, or Achievements. There will be an indication within the game when this gold cap is reached. This cap is intended to combat certain methods of gold acquisition that violate our Terms of Service. The spirit of fair play is extremely important to us, and we will continue to monitor gold acquisition activity closely to ensure a fun and enjoyable game environment for everyone.
Regarding card nerfing, we knew these were coming:
- Shattered Sun Cleric is now a 3/2 (was a 3/3)
- Argent Commander is now a 4/2 (was a 4/3)
- Flame Imp’s Battlecry now deals 3 damage (up from 2)
This is a surprise for us, we love playing the Flame Imp. 3 Damage is a lot.
- Mind Control’s mana cost is now 10 (up from 8)
- Starving Buzzard is now a 2/1 (was a 2/2)
- Unleash the Hounds has been reworked and now reads: “(4) For each enemy minion, summon a 1/1 Hound with Charge”.
This does bring back some balance. Let’s face it, Mind control, Argent Commander, Starving Buzzard and Sun Cleric was very OP (Over Powered).
Check-out some of our other guides below.
- In our first guide we went through the initial options of the game and our first impression.
- In our second guide we briefly looked at the Heroes and how to choose one, what Deck types there are, and some strategic tips on actual in-game skills.
- In our third guide we looked at how important Taunt cards are and how to use them, as well as the best possible times to use direct spells.
- In our fourth guide we looked at the Warlock specifically, and provided some ideas on card combo’s and attacking card combinations that works well.
- Our Fifth guide explained the Warclock Hero Lord Jaraxxus. He is one cool Hero/Card to have!
- We also looked at the current Top 50 Players in North America and Europe
- Our 6th guide takes you through the various ways on how you can get more cards by playing, buying or crafting.