Director Joss Whedon spilled the beans about the leading ladies in the upcoming Marvel movie “Avengers: Age of Ultron”. We know for sure that Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson), Scarlet Witch (Elizabeth Olsen) and Maria Hill (Colbie Smulders) are confirmed for “Age of Ultron,” but what is Whedon hiding from us? Hopefully the internet will not spoil the surprise, but do expect some wild speculations and rumors to bombard us with the options for the fourth leading lady! Will we finally see Carol Danvers a.k.a. Miss Marvel in action as previously rumoured? We will continuing dreaming in the meantime<sigh!>.According to rumors making the rounds earlier this year “we will see an iteration of Captain Marvel onscreen by 2016 – either at the end of Phase Two or the beginning of Phase Three.”
Speaking with HeyUGuys at the London Premiere of “Guardians of the Galaxy,” We Go This Covered reports:
“There are four prominent female roles in the center of the movie, and I think [there] is a more balanced presence throughout the movie.”
“Avengers: Age of Ultron” is set to be released on May 1, 2015. Robert Downey Jr. will reprise his role as Iron Man, Chris Hemsworth as Thor, Chris Evans as The Cap, Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow, Mark Ruffalo as The Hulk, Jeremy Renner as Hawkeye and Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury.
Check out the interview
Hot Right Now! – Amazing Marvel Concept Arts Released for ‘Ant-Man’ and ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’ at Comic-Con.
Some updates: Also see our “Avengers: Age of Ultron” archive
- ‘Avengers 2′ Spoilers: Ultron and Vision’s Origin Plus Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch Details
- Avengers Age of Ultron 8 New Set Photos and Plot Details Revealed
- Stan Lee Confirms Cameo in ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’, Obviously!
- San Diego Comic-Con 2014 – What To Expect
- ‘Avengers 2′ Promises Bigger Roles for Hulk and Hawkeye
- Ultron Mask Revealed on Set of Avengers Age of Ultron
- Set Photos of Scarlet Witch Quicksilver and Hawkeye in Avengers Age of Ultron