It seems that Scarlett Johansson’s Black Widow is not the only character to get some extra screen time in the hotly anticipated “Avengers” sequel. Producer Kevin Feige recently sat down with the friendly folks over at Joblo.com to shed some light on some of the popular characters and their potential sequel flicks. It seems that Hulk and Hawkeye will not be receiving additional films apart from “The Avengers”, but Feige promise to make up for it in the upcoming sequel.
He told the site:
“I would love to do [Incredible Hulk 2] with Mark Ruffalo,”
“But part of the fun of ‘Age of Ultron’ was saying, you’ve seen another Iron Man adventure before, you see another Thor adventure and another Cap adventure, but we haven’t seen the Green Goliath again. So that was important in the characters you haven’t seen – Hulk being one of them and Hawkeye being one of them – Ultron will make up for it. They have very big parts in ‘Age of Ultron’. “
We still have no solid storyline, but the producer said:
“I don’t want to give too much away but it is very much a continuation of this story line and sort of going back into ‘The Avengers’ fold. Steve is now torn between is he just a soldier? You know there is a scene in ‘Winter Soldier’ where Anthony Mackie asks, ‘Well what would you want to do if you are not a soldier anymore?’ and part of his journey in ‘The Avengers’ is to answer that question.”
“Avengers: Age of Ultron” is set to be released on May 1, 2015. Robert Downey Jr. will reprise his role as Iron Man, Chris Hemsworth as Thor, Chris Evans as The Cap, Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow, Mark Ruffalo as The Hulk, Jeremy Renner as Hawkeye and Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury.
Recent updates: Also see our “Avengers: Age of Ultron” archive
- Will we see Miss Marvel in ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’?
- ‘The Avengers : Age of Ultron’ Set to Film in South Africa
- Kevin Feige Reveals ‘Avengers 2′ Will Tell Black Widow’s Backstory, Teases Solo Movie
- Avengers: Age of Ultron First Set Photos leaked
- Thomas Kretschmann Signs Multi-Picture Deal With Marvel
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant, Will this Affect Her Role in “Avengers: Age of Ultron”?
- First Look: Concept Visuals for ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’, ‘Ant-Man’ and ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’
Sources: joblo.com (via comicbook.com)