The final choices to take on roles in the hotly anticipated “Star Wars Episode 7” has been unveiled. Lucasfilm and the Walt Disney Co. confirmed the names of actors on the official “Star Wars” website on Tuesday, April 29.
Some familiar faces are back to grace the silver screen for the seventh installment, while a bunch of newbies are also expected to make their debut in the sci-fi movie franchise.
– Lets have a look at the confirmed cast ensemble –
Returning cast members:
- Harrison Ford – Han Solo
- Mark Hamill – Luke Skywalker
- Carrie Fisher – Princess Leia
- Anthony Daniels – C-3PO
- Peter Mayhew – Chewbacca
- Kenny Baker – RD-D2
- John Boyega
- Daisy Ridley
- Adam Driver
- Oscar Isaac
- Max von Sydow
- Andy Serkis
- Domhnall Gleeson
“Episode 7” helmer and co-writer Abrams said in a statement:
“It is both thrilling and surreal to watch the beloved original cast and these brilliant new performers come together to bring this world to life, once again,” director and co-writer Abrams said in a statement. “We start shooting in a couple of weeks, and everyone is doing their best to make the fans proud.”
It is unclear which roles the new faces will be taking on, but it is rumored that Driver will be the main villain in the upcoming pic. The first big table read for “Episode 7” was expected to take place yesterday in London. Ford, Hamill and Fisher was spotted in London over the weekend, just about two weeks before the filming is scheduled to begin at Pinewood Studios. The Latest “Star Wars” reports suggest that Han Solo will have “a gigantic role in the first of the next three films.”
Star Wars geeks can expect “Episode 7″ to be set 30 years after 1983’s “Return of the Jedi”. The seventh installment will be released on December 18, 2015. Two sequels are set with the first one to follow in 2017, and the second in 2019.
Check out our ‘Star Wars Episode 7′ archive
Some related articles:
- Darth Vader Actor Wants In On ‘Star Wars Episode 7
- ‘Star Wars Episode 7′ to Make Release Date History?
- J.J. Abrams and Lawrence Kasdan Take Over As ‘Star Wars Episode 7′ Scribes
- R2-D2 seen on the set of Star Wars: Episode VII
- ‘Star Wars Episode 7′ Casting Rumors Include Military Man, Tough Teenage Girl and More
- ‘Star Wars Episode 7′ Scribe Lawrence Kasdan Tapped to Write Boba Fett Spin-Off
- Will Judi Dench Play Mon Mothma in ‘Star Wars Episode 7′?
- ‘Star Wars Episode 7’ Script finished, Filming set for May
- Carrie Fisher Rumored to Film ‘Star Wars Episode 7′ in London for Six Months
- ‘Star Wars Episode 7′ to Film in May in London, to Take Place 30 Years After ‘Return of Jedi’
- ‘Cast of Unknowns’ Destined for ‘Star Wars Episode 7′
- Peter Mayhew to Reprise His Role as Chewbacca in ‘Star Wars Episode 7′
- Han Solo Expected to Play ‘Gigantic’ Role in ‘Star Wars Episode 7’