There is something exceptionally special in seeing all of the Blizzard universe’s heroes battling against one another. As we saw in last years initial announcement and trailer video for Heroes of the Storm, seeing Diablo (Diablo) face-off against Raynor (Starcraft), and Kerrigan (Starcraft) against Uther (HearthStone) is simply spectacular.
At this years PAX-East convention Blizzard is revealing all for most of their upcoming games. First was the HearthStone Expansion update. Today they gave us plenty of videos, details, hero announcements and game-play footage for their upcoming MOBA called Heroes of the Storm.
For the noobs among us:
Heroes of the Storm will be Blizzards official remake of it’s insanely popular DOTA (Defence of the Ancients) game. The remake/sequel was originally called Defence of the Ancients : All Stars. The original Defence of the Ancients: All-Stars was a mod for WarCraft III, with Half-Life maker Valve now behind its sequel, Dota 2. Blizzard renamed DOTA in 2011, after settling a legal dispute with Valve over the rights to the DOTA trademark.
Let’s jump right in on everything Blizzard announced on Heroes of the Storm, Blizzard Reveals New Heroes for Heroes of the Storm:
1. Official Trailer
Check-out the official game trailer if you’ve not seen it yet:
2. Gameplay Sneak-Peak
3. Hero Reveal
Blizzard announced that Brightwing, Zagara, Murky, and LiLi are among the newest Heroes!
- Lili is a new support hero with an ability set that helps her to very effectively aid her teammates throughout the game.
- She has lots of ways to protect herself and allies, and she doesn’t need to be babysat.
- You’ll see a lot more from her in the showmatch commentary at the end of the panel.
- Brightwing has the ability to passively heal any allies nearby.
- She can also transform enemies into animals.
- Brightwing is a versatile support hero capable of teleporting from ally to ally, healing them and providing them with the help they need to succeed in battle.
- Zagara has map-wide components to her design.
- She can drop Creep Tumors to spread Zerg Creep, which helps speed up her movement speed, as well as the speed of her summons.
- What’s more, Zagara can use her Nydus Worms to hop back and forth around the map, giving her plenty of opportunity to Creep up and siege multiple lanes at once.
- When we talked about putting Murky in the game, we initially struggled with what to do with him. Making him a really powerful hero just didn’t seem to fit quite right (he is a Murloc, you know.) Instead, we chose to make him very, very weak, but incredibly persistent.
- Murky can lay an egg which he can use to respawn near instantly upon being killed. If his egg is destroyed, Murky will face the same respawn timers as other heroes do, so be sure to hide it well!
- Murky is going to die A LOT, but he’s a hero who eventually overwhelms enemies across multiple battles. He doesn’t need to win every fight; he just needs to win once.
We have individual videos for some of the Heroes we can expect to choose from, or watch this PAX gameplay video that takes you through all of them:
1. Kerrigan – Queen of Blades
2. Brightwing – World of Warcraft
3. Muradin – Mountain King
Naturally we are over the moon excited with all these announcements, and we want a BETA key badly! Stay tuned for more info on all the Blizzard announcements at PAX-East.