The most recent official press release via StarWars.com confirms that Disney and Lucasfilm announced that principal photography on J.J. Abrams’ “Star Wars: Episode 7” will commence May 2014, and will be based at London’s historic Pinewood Studios.
The press release also confirms the timeline for the anticipated pic:
“It has also been confirmed that Star Wars: Episode VII is set about 30 years after the events of Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi, and will star a trio of new young leads along with some very familiar faces. No further details on casting or plot are available at this time.”
Rumors suggest that we should prepare for a younger generation of Jedi taking the fight forward against the Dark Side. Additional rumors also suggest that Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, and Carrie Fisher are expected to reprise their roles in the upcoming flick. Adding fuel to the fire, there is a saucy rumor suggesting that Carrie Fisher is set to join the ‘Star Wars Episode 7′ production in London for Six Months.
“Star Wars: Episode VII” will release in theaters on December 18, 2015.
Recent news – Check out our ‘Star Wars Episode 7’ archive
- “Star Wars 7” Update: Michael Fassbender, Hugo Weaving and More Rumored to Join Cast
- Will Judi Dench Play Mon Mothma in ‘Star Wars Episode 7′?
- ‘Star Wars Episode 7’ Script finished, Filming set for May
- Zac Efron “Went and Met with” Disney for ‘Star Wars Episode 7′
- ‘Transformers 4′ Star Jack Reynor cast in ‘Star Wars Episode 7′?
- Adam Driver Close to Signing as Villain in ‘Star Wars Episode 7′
- ‘Star Wars Episode 7′ Identifies Five Actors for the Lead Role