We finally get to see the full trailer for Marvel’s hotly anticipated “Ant-Man”. There have been some mixed emotions in the geek community about the upcoming comic book movie but most will agree that it’s something fresh, different and exciting. Complaints range from the movie being too silly or it will simply not fit in with the current MCU plethora of comic book movie franchises. I remember a time when a talking raccoon and a mumbling tree creature were a concern, and now looking back, Marvel produced one of the biggest smash hits with its “Guardians of the Galaxy” which is set for a sequel. Considering how James Gunn’s “Galaxy” knocked the light out last year, now is the perfect time to release a Marvel movie with a bit of character and comedy.
The first full trailer for Marvel’s “Ant-Man” features Michael Douglas’ Dr. Hank Pym as he approaches Paul Rudd’s Scott Lang to be the hero in the shrink suit. Lang stands a chance to redeem himself as a career thief by stealing the suit and save the day with the help of Hope Van Dyne (Evangeline Lilly). “Ant-Man” can be seen showing off his skills as he fights his nemesis Yellowjacket a.k.a. Darren Cross portrayed by Corey Stoll. The movie helmed by Peyton Reed is set to be released on July 17. Rudd and Douglas are supported by Bobby Cannavale, Michael Pena, Judy Greer, John Slattery and Hayley Atwell.
“Ant-Man” Official synopsis:
“The next evolution of the Marvel Cinematic Universe brings a founding member of The Avengers to the big screen for the first time with Marvel Studios’ “Ant-Man.” Armed with the astonishing ability to shrink in scale but increase in strength, master thief Scott Lang must embrace his inner-hero and help his mentor, Dr. Hank Pym, protect the secret behind his spectacular Ant-Man suit from a new generation of towering threats. Against seemingly insurmountable obstacles, Pym and Lang must plan and pull off a heist that will save the world.”
Also check out our “Ant-Man” archive for more details
- Comic-Con: ‘Ant-Man’ Footage and Characters Unveiled
- Comic-Con: Amazing Marvel Concept Arts Released for ‘Ant-Man’ and ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’
- Kevin Feige Says ‘Ant-Man’ is still “What Edgar’s Original Pitch Was”
- New ‘Ant-Man’ Details Reveal Villains, Abilities and Possible Story Spoilers
- Simon Pegg Says Edgar Wright’s Exit From ‘Ant-Man’ is “Marvel’s Loss”
- Peyton Reed Hired to Direct ‘Ant-Man’, Adam McKay to Rewrite the Script
- Founding Member of “The Avengers”, Who is Hank Pym?
- Ant-Man’s Superheroes Hank Pym and Scott Lang Explained