Matt Damon and Paul Greengrass are dusting off the old Jason Bourne rumors, saying that we might actually see the iconic character back in action. Hopefully we are not being played again, because it is the millionth time we have heard this song and dance with absolutely no positive feedback or indication that what is said will actually happen. This time round a new report emerges saying that Damon and Greengrass are set to collaborate once more for a brand new “Bourne” movie.

Matt Damon and Paul Greengrass Want to Revive 'Bourne’

Matt Damon and Paul Greengrass Want to Revive ‘Bourne’

Good old trustworthy Deadline heard something, something really good for Damon fans! Several sources claim that Universal Pictures will be making deals with the dynamic duo but no confirmation is available of this so-called fact. The studio is apparently keen to make this happen with a July 16, 2016 release date in mind. Bring it on Universal! The pair will slot in a Jason Bourne-focused fifth entry in place of the developing sequel to Jeremy Renner’s Aaron Cross story.

paul-greengrass-matt-damon

Paul Greengrass and Matt Damon

Deadline also mentioned that the second spin-off is in the works after the one starring Damon.

The site says:

“Universal intends to continue that series and to broaden its franchise base, much the way that Marvel cranks out superhero films,”

The rumor box previously let loose that Damon and Renner will share the screen for the upcoming “Bourne 5”, but the reports were debunked. Producer Frank Marshall also expressed an interest to see Matt and Jeremy team up for the fifth installment and at one point, the rumors flamed up again. Unfortunately the rumors were debunked once again, this time by Marshall himself.

What do you think geeks, who will say no to one more action packed Bourne?!



From Our Sponsors: