Finally the roller coaster that is “Bourne”, and the long rumored return and denial of Matt Damon’s revival of the iconic character has come to an end. Thankfully it all ends with extremely good news, with multiple reports suggesting that we can expect Damon to rejoin the “Bourne” franchise. Ben Affleck recently spilled the beans about his best pal returning to the action packed franchise while attending a celebratory event of their “Project Greenlight”.
The actor said:
“Well, [Damon’s] going to be doing a Bourne movie next fall when I’ve just completely lost any semblance of physical fitness. So…,”
When asked to clarify, Damon himself chimed in saying:
“Yes, next year, but the movie will come out in 2016. Paul Greengrass the director, is doing another one and that’s all I’ve ever said. I just needed him to say yes.”
The rumor box previously let loose that Damon and Renner will share the screen for the upcoming “Bourne 5”, but the reports were debunked. Producer Frank Marshall also expressed an interest to see Matt and Jeremy team up for the fifth installment and at one point, the rumors flamed up again. Unfortunately the rumors were debunked once again, this time by Marshall himself. So finally after all the fun and games, Damon is finally back for another epic action packed Bourne!
Matt Damon and Paul Greengrass are teaming up once more for a brand new “Bourne” movie. It will be the duo’s third collaboration in the Bourne universe and the fifth film in the series overall. Damon was replaced by Jeremy Renner after three movies in 2012’s “The Bourne Legacy”. Renner starred as a new character Aaron Cross. A sequel starring Renner was initially planned for July 16, 2016, but the date is now reportedly locked for the new movie starring Damon. Renner is expected to return in a separate film at a later date.