“Man of Steel 2” has officially cast stage actor Ray Fisher to portray Cyborg. Victor Stone a.k.a Cyborg first appeared in the 1980’s “DC Comics Presents” #26. The character became a member of Teen Titans and was later credited as one of the co-founders of The Justice League. According to Variety.com, Fisher’s Cyborg will play a minor role in the upcoming “Man of Steel” sequel, but we can expect to see the half man / half machine in future DC Comics-based films “related to the Justice League universe.” The sequel was originally set to be released on July 17, 2015, but now it is moved back to May 6, 2016. The storyline is still under wraps but the ideas and characters for the sequel seem to be all over the place. The film is also rumored to feature cameos by additional members of the Justice League. Director Zack Snyder and his team need more “time to realize” “their vision, given the complex visual nature of the story”.
Henry Cavill will reprise his role as Superman, while Ben Affleck is suiting up to take on the role as the Dark Knight for the first time. Amy Adams will reprise her role as Lois Lane, and Gal Gadot will play Wonder Woman. Zack Snyder is directing from a script by David S. Goyer, based on a story by Goyer and Snyder. Production is currently under way in Michigan. “Man of Steel 2″ is set to be released on May 6, 2016.
Recent updates for ‘Man of Steel 2′:
- The Rock Teases His Role As Green Lantern in Batman vs. Superman
- Lex Luthor and Alfred Cast in Batman vs. Superman – Internet Freaks Out (again)
- Gal Gadot Signed on for Three Movies as Wonder Woman
- ‘Man of Steel 2′ Moved Back to 2016 Due to Ben Affleck’s Rib Injury?
- Josh Holloway Rumored to Join ‘Man of Steel 2′ Cast
- Will Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson Play the Green Lantern in ‘Man of Steel 2′?
- Zack Snyder Addresses ‘Man of Steel 2′ Casting Backlash