Unfortunately there is only bad news for fans of ‘Assassin’s Creed‘ and ‘The Fantastic Four’ reboot with Fox’s recent release date announcements and amendments. Josh Trank’s superhero movie reboot ‘The Fantastic Four’ has been pushed back to June 16 to August 7, 2015, which is not so bad, but we still have to wait a couple months before it hits theatres. The big disappointment is that the “Assassin’s Creed” movie use to occupy that date, and now, no date has been announced for the Ubisoft action-adventure game movie to be released.
Also see: 26 Game Movies To Look Forward To
Hopefully Fox will announce the release date for the long gestating video game adaptation. The flick will be helmed by Justin Kurzel, with “X-Men: Days of Future Past” star Michael Fassbender attached as Desmond Miles, the notorious assassin.
‘The Fantastic Four’ reboot has already wrapped up filming with Miles Teller as Mr. Fantastic, Kate Mara as the Invisible Woman, Michael B. Jordan as Human Torch, Jamie Bell as the Thing and Toby Kebbell as the villainous Doctor Doom. “Fantastic Four” writer Simon Kinberg said we can expect a ”coming of age story” with a more “realistic tone” compared to the previous releases. The sequel scheduled to be released on July 14, 2017, seems to be unaffected for now.
Check out our “Fantastic Four” archive for more details and updates
- Doctor Doom Army of Drones or ‘Doombots’ Rumored for ‘Fantastic Four’
- Release Dates Announced for ‘Fantastic Four 2′, ‘Wolverine’ Sequel and Mystery Marvel Film
- ‘Fantastic Four’ Reboot Identifies Four Actors for Doctor Doom Role
- Michael B. Jordan Responds to ‘Fantastic Four’ Casting Backlash
- ‘Fantastic Four’ Reboot Identifies Final Casting Choices