We’re live from the Flint Center where Apple just announced two new iPhone 6 models (as rumored). Follow us as we bring you all the news. After a brief introduction on the significance of the Flint Centre. Tim jumped right into it and started making the announcements. In 1998, Steve introduced iMac at the Flint Center. Thus far we have 2 new iPhones with availability from September the 19th. Check all the details below…
“Today, we are pleased to announce the biggest advancement in iPhone. ” – Tim Cook
1. iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 6 has a 4.7-inch display. iPhone 6 Plus has a 5.5-inch display.
- iPhone 6 Plus has a resolution of 1920 by 1080 with 401 pixels per inch. That’s full 1080p HD resolution.
- iPhone 6 has a resolution of 1334 by 750 with 326 pixels per inch. For a more than 720p Retina HD display.
- These are the thinnest iPhones ever made. iPhone 6 is merely 6.9 mm. iPhone 6 Plus is just a smidge more at 7.1 mm.
- iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus are powered by the Apple-designed A8 chip. The A8 chip has up to 25% faster processing power and up to 50% faster graphics.
- iPhone 6 is up to 50% more energy efficient, so you can have higher sustained performance.
- The iPhone 6 is up to 50% faster than the original iPhone.
- iPhone 6 has a barometer that senses air pressure to measure relative elevation.
- iPhone 6 now supports Voice over LTE. It’s wide-band audio for voice that sounds amazingly crisp and clear.
- iPhone 6 has an 8MP iSight camera, 1.5µ pixels, ƒ/2.2 aperture. And an all-new sensor.
- The FaceTime HD camera has an all-new sensor and larger ƒ/2.2 aperture that lets in over 80% more light.
2. iOs 8
iOS 8 is supported on these devices. And it’s available as a free download September 17.
That’s it for the iPhone announcements, we’re still tuned in great expectation for the iWatch announcement. But, if that doesn’t happen we’ll be waiting for September 19th!