Any series geeks out there ever wondered which TV shows are the most geeked about on Twitter? We have the list of the most tweeted shows right here, and many of you will not be surprised to see who is the “one who knocks” for another world record. Yes, we are talking about AMC’s wildly popular “Breaking Bad” which gained fans on Twitter according to analysis gathered by Nielsen. The company that specializes in analysis of all media streams, says that the crime drama series was the most talked about show on the social media network when it ended its run last summer.
The story about a chemistry teacher turned meth cook generated an average of 521,000 tweets for each episode, setting a record during the series finale for Twitter reach of a single airing with 9.1 million people reached. The impressive record breaking show achieved this with an average Twitter audience of 6.0 million.
The show has made a huge impact during its five season run, setting many records on the way. The Bryan Cranston starrer impressed audiences and went on scoring a 99 out of 100 average on review aggregator Metacritic for its fifth and final season, earning an entry in the Guinness World Records 2014. The series finale shattered another record by raking in an averaged 10.3 million viewers, making it the most-watched series finale ever on basic cable. Find below the list of the 10 most geeked about shows on Twitter.
10 Most Followed TV Shows on Twitter:
1. AMC’s “Breaking Bad” – Twitter audience of 6.0 million
2. AMC’s “The Walking Dead” – 5.2 million
3. ABC’s “Pretty Little Liars” – 4.8 million
4. ABC’s “The Bachelor”- 3.6 million
5. HBO’s “Game of Thrones” – 3.5 million
6. MTV’s “Teen Wolf” – 3.3 million
7. FX’s “American Horror Story: Coven” – 2.8 million
8. ABC’s Scandal” 2.4 million
9. NBC’s “The Voice” – 2.3 million
10. ABC’s “Dancing with the Stars” – 2.1 million