Reg E. Cathey has officially been cast to tackle the role as Dr. Storm, Sue and Johnny Storm’s father. Geeks will remember earlier reports confirming Kate Mara as Invisible Woman and Michael B. Jordan as Human Torch. Dr. Storm is best described in Marvel’s Earth-616 Universe as a surgeon who struggles to cope with the death of his wife and grows apart from his two children in the process. Cathey’s character will explore the story of Dr. Storm in the Ultimate universe whereby his involvement creates the Fantastic Four, and he is also key in the uprising of Mole Man. Dr. Storm fired Harvey Elder from the science project that creates the Fantastic Four, leading to Elder’s villainous alter ego.
The first installment will provide the platform to formally introduce Mole Man before the menacing villain takes on the ‘The Fantastic Four’ in the sequel. “Fantastic Four” writer Simon Kinberg revealed in a recent interview that we can expect a ”coming of age story” with a more realistic tone compared to the predecessors. Michael B. Jordan will take on the role as The Human Torch, Miles Teller as Reed Richards a.k.a. Mr. Fantastic. Kate Mara is tapped to play his on-screen sister Sue Storm a.k.a The Invincible Woman and Jamie Bell will play Ben Grimm a.k.a The Thing. Tim Blake Nelson is tapped to play Mole Man, and Toby Kebbell is in talks to play doctor doom. The Josh Trank directed ‘Fantastic Four’ flick is set to be released on June 19, 2015, followed by a sequel on July 14, 2017.
Check out our “Fantastic Four” archive for more details and updates
- ‘Fantastic Four’ Reboot Will Explore ‘Coming of Age’ and Origin Story
- Doctor Doom Army of Drones or ‘Doombots’ Rumored for ‘Fantastic Four’
- Release Dates Announced for ‘Fantastic Four 2′, ‘Wolverine’ Sequel and Mystery Marvel Film
- ‘Fantastic Four’ Reboot Identifies Four Actors for Doctor Doom Role
- Michael B. Jordan Responds to ‘Fantastic Four’ Casting Backlash
- ‘Fantastic Four’ Reboot Identifies Final Casting Choices