Dust off your Legendary boots, wipe clean your magical sword and prepare for Death! The expansion ‘Reaper of Souls’ is finally here, and players in Europe are already downloading and playing the highly anticipated expansion to Diablo 3.
This expansion is set to become THE expansion that brings Diablo 3 back to where we all hoped it would be, and once was for a brief moment. We’ve said a lot about Reaper of Souls, and what’s new, removed and improved. If Blizzard can iron our all technical difficulties with this release, then we are sure to finally have one of the best Blizzard games ever.
Diablo 3 fans are all crawling out from under the dark caves they were residing back to their beloved PC’s (or consoles) and preparing to take on Malthael, the next prime Evil.
The Prime Evil rages within the Black Soulstone, its essence screaming for vengeance and release. Before the artifact can be sealed away forever, Malthael – Angel of Death – manifests in the mortal realms with a deadly new purpose: to steal the Black Soulstone and bend its infernal power to his will. So begins the end of all things…
We are literally waiting for our download to complete before we start playing, and boy are we anxious.
Things to Do while you wait:
Unfortunately the download may take some time for most users and what better way to spend this time getting to know the changes that you will be facing in the Reaper of Souls Expansion. We thought it perfect to list a few things you can do while you wait for the download to finish:
Blizzard uploaded the new game guide, explaining the new Crusader Class in detail. go through the weapons, active and passove skills, wrath and back story on the Crusader here: Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls Updated Game Guide.
2. Understand Adventure mode
Adventure Mode is an alternative to the Campaign Mode that we’ve had in Diablo 3 until now. Instead of completing the story of the game the purpose of this mode is to let you play Diablo 3 immediately the way you want it. You can enter the game, complete a few objectives, get some nice rewards and log out in a matter of minutes. It’s incredibly fun and is what people will be spending most of their time in Reaper of Souls. This is what Adventure mode consists of (you can read about each of the list items right after the banner) :
- New Currency: Blood Shards – obtained through Bounties and Nephalem Rifts (see below) and used for Gambling!
- New Feature: Bounties
- New Features: Nephalem Rifts
Bounties are half of Adventure Mode right now. They are essentially very short quests, that fall into several types: Kill Boss, Kill Unique, Clear Dungeon, Complete Mini Quest. They show up on the new World Map and can be teleported to instantly. Bounties are meant to be completed pretty quickly – in a matter of minutes.
- Short quests that take very little time
- Traveling across the whole world of Sanctuary keeps things fresh
- Wide variety of Bounties
- For completing a single bounty you receive Blood Shards (their count depends on the type of the bounty)
- For completing all Bounties in an Act you receive a Horadric Cache.
- Horadric Caches contain crafting reagents, Magic and Rare gear, gems, Blood Shards and a chance for a Legendary item
4. Nephalem Rifts
Nephalem Rifts are the other half of Adventure Mode. They are completely random instance that go several levels deep and offer some interesting combinations of monsters and bosses. To open a Nephalem portal you first need to obtain 5 Rift Keystone Fragments.
- Completely random instances, that feature themes from all across Sanctuary
- All enemies in the game, apart from bosses, can be considered as a type of monster for that level of a Rift. For example on a level you could have a combination of Goatmen, Dune Trashers, Succubi, Armaddons and, you know, Treasure Goblins.
- Nephalem Shrines are special shrines that only appear in Nephalem Rifts. Check out more info on them below.
5. Transmogrification, Enchanting, Mystic & Other
Get a grip on how you can enchant, change the look and affixes of all your gear. Blizzard went to a lot of effort here, and we look forward to see all of this in-game. For all of the above topics you can go through the in depth guide over at DiabloFans. Check all the info on the new artisan, the Mystic here.