Check out our Jimmy Fallon Archive
Smartphone geeks may have heard about Loopy HD, an iPad app that records loops of music, beatboxing and instruments to play back in harmony. The funky app allows users to record six looped tracks or audio snippets by looping and stacking tracks on top of each other.
Check out this amazing app demo performed by street performer and studio recording artist Dub FX:
Jimmy Fallon made use of the app to perform a duet with Billy Joel on “The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon” on Thursday night, March 20. The two entertainers formed a two-man Doo-Wop group using Loopy HD to sing a rendition of The Tokens’ classic “The Lion Sleeps Tonight”.
- Jimmy Fallon, The Roots and Idina Menzel Sings ‘Let It Go’ Using Classroom Instrument
- Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore Sing a Duet on ‘Tonight Show’
- Video: Michelle Obama Joins Jimmy Fallon and Will Ferrell in ‘Ew!’ Sketch
- Video: Jimmy Fallon and Bruce Springsteen Poke Fun at Chris Christie Traffic Jam
- #Hashtag with Jimmy Fallon and Justin Timberlake
- Jimmy Fallon Debuts “Breaking Bad” Spoof
Fallon told the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee before the performance:
“You’re one of my all-time favorites and just to even talk to you, I get a little nervous. But to sing with you is the craziest thing,”
“And so I came up with an idea where maybe I could sing with you. See if you want to do this or not.”