Chances are that if you are over 30 years old then you need no introduction to Larry Laffer, the lovable, balding virgin character in his 40’s. Leisure Suit Larry was a role playing game that graced the PC game genre, published by Sierra in the late 80’s through out the 90’s. The latest version, Leisure Suit Larry: Love for Sail was released in 1996.
I remember playing the first 8-bit Larry, each game having a simple premise: Larry had to talk young women into having sex with him. This is what it looked like, yup.. .we’ve come a long way:
“Leisure Suit Larry: Reloaded” now on iOS
Two years ago, Replay Games acquired a license for the whole franchise. Following the successful “Make Leisure Suit Larry come again!” campaign on Kickstarter (14,000+ fans chipped in to bring Larry back to life), the small development studio has started re-releasing Larry games on a number of platforms. And thanks to Kickstarter crowd-funding, Replay was able to basically write Leisure Suit Larry: Reloaded from scratch and update the game’s appearance for the 21st century technology…
The new version which will grace the Apple App store (Sorry Android fans, you’re going to have to wait a bit) called Reloaded, doesn’t just feature high-res, hand-painted, Las Vegas-themed backdrops and satisfying 2D animation, there are over a thousand hilarious new lines, gags, jokes and dialogues.
Here’s the Trailer:
Some of the notable features include:
• Expanded puzzles, locations, and gameplay
• Gorgeous, all-new high-res 16:9 backgrounds
• Over 3,000 frames of hand-drawn animation!
• Sophisticated lighting and spot animations enliven every location
• Thousands of humorous responses allow players to explore everything onscreen
• Hilarious branching dialogues with the main characters
• All-new Vegas-style musical score
• Fully voiced by the actors who originated the roles
• Redesigned by Al Lowe and Josh Mandel
Screenshots from the iPad version:
We’ll definitely be enjoying the new adventures of Larry, download your copy for only $4.99 here: