Is this Apple’s Cheaper iPhone? Images have leaked on what the supposedly cheaper iPhone will look like. Although the entire concept of a cheaper iPhone is all still rumours, we can only go with the flow as images, videos and further speculation makes it’s way onto the web. But lets look at the facts:
If Apple will indeed release a cheaper version of it’s iPhone, here’s a few things that make completely sense that Apple may or may not do:
1. There is a definite opportunity in the global market for Apple to make a cheaper more affordable model iPhone. Every smartphone competitor has one. This means that all the people who could not afford an iPhone previously and rather bought the cheaper versions of a Samsung or Nokia, will now be able to still own an Apple iPhone.
1. Apple wont make it upstage the iPhone 5 in any aspect, otherwise why buy a iPhone 5, so expect a scale down in any/few areas.
2. Cheaper. The iPhone el’cheapo will have to be cheaper, otherwise why bother.
3. Plastic, the cheaper iPhone will probably be wrapped in plastic to alleviate production costs.
4. Lower screen resolution. It is possible that Apple will make the cheaper iPhone with a lower screen resolution.
5. Size. We still have no idea whether the cheaper iPhone will be the same size as the iPhone 5, or smaller. With a lower screen resolution chances are it may be the same size as the iPhone 4.
6. Colours. Apple will probably bring in more colours to make it more appealing. This is completely in line with the redesign of the new iOS7 where everything is more colourful.
Other rumours that according to us are really reaching for the impossible, but still vaguely like is a mashup iPhone that will include features and design components of the iPod touch and the iPhone 4 & 5. Called iPhone Mini:
When can we expect it? There’s no reason why this will not happen alongside the new iPhone 5S launch in September. It’s only 2 months away!
Cost? Rumours suggest that it will be in the area of $330, half the price of the iPhone 5.