Get your Geek on with these stylish, fresh and elegant Gadgets. Here’s our Geek Gadgets of the Week:
Star Wars Wampa Rug
Here at ThinkGeek we pride ourselves on offering nifty products covering all aspects of the Empire Strikes Back story… since it is the 30th anniversary and all. Last year we launched the coveted Tauntaun sleeping bag, allowing children of all ages to nestle safe in the guts of a tauntaun.
Now as a sort of product-based prequel we give you this amazing “bear rug” style Wampa. As you may recall from Empire, before Luke was preserved inside a dead tauntaun he had a fight with a hideous Wampa snow beast in the mountain caves of Hoth. Now you can catch your own Wampa and take him home to decorate your swank bachelor pad. The Star Wars fangirls will love the high-quality synthetic fur, plush pillow head and fearsome claws.
Unfortunately you only get the Wampa rug. Slave Leia is NOT included and we double-dare you to make any comments about how she isn’t featured until the next movie.
Minecraft Light-Up Redstone Ore
Dream in pixels
We have to admit that once we built our dream house in Minecraft our regular world house paled in comparison. Alas, a building of that magnificence in our neck of the woods would cost far more than the amount of bananas we make as ThinkGeek monkeys. We must continue to build our dreams in pixels…
If you dream of living in your own Minecraft creations, we think you’d like to sleep by the warm glow of the Minecraft Redstone Ore Night Light. It’s guaranteed to keep the boogie oogie pigmen from coming out of your closet to murder you in your sleep. Tap once for low light, a second time for medium, and a third time for bright. (Five is right out.) ((Actually, tapping it five times will bring you back to low.)) Of course, you could get a truckload of these and start building your own Minecraft-inspired bedroom…
- Night light for fans of Minecraft
- Officially licensed Minecraft collectible
- Tap to light up: low, medium, high, off
- ABS plastic construction, glows with internal LEDs
- Batteries: 2 AA
- Dimensions: 3″ x 3″ x 3″
- Weight: 6 ounces
- Exclusive product designed and manufactured by ThinkGeek
Star Trek Spock Oven Mitt
The Star Trek Oven Mitt is made of 100% cotton and is lined and filled with 100% polyester. Not only does this Oven Mitt protect you beautifully, it also greets you with a warm Vulcan sign of peace. No longer will you have to choose between burning your food or burning your hands! The Star Trek Oven Mitt is too unique and too awesome to be shoved in a drawer. You’ll have it displayed where everyone can see it. Get the Star Trek Oven Mitt: Cook well and prosper.
- Conquer hot lasagna pans with the Vulcan grip
- Oven mitt for fans of Star Trek who like to eat
- Unique shape and memorable appearance make it easy to find
- Exterior: 100% cotton
- Interior & filling: 100% polyester
- Officially licensed Star Trek collectible
- Love your mitt: Hand wash in cold water only
Han Solo in Carbonite Business Card Case
If you’re looking to impress potential clients and colleagues from around the galaxy, this business card case is a must-have. After all, no one respects an intergalactic crime lord who prints his business cards at home on perforated paper. You throw some credits at a good graphic designer and then some quality cardstock and the respect (and dancing Twi’leks) will follow.
What appears to be a solid block of carbonite containing a tiny Han Solo is actually a spring-loaded case that holds a dozen business cards. This case is classy enough for the board room and geeky enough to make your convention contacts squee gleefully. This is the case you’re looking for! Grab one, then go about your business. Move along.
- It’s a block of carbonite… no, it’s a business card case
- Looks like a tiny Han Solo frozen in carbonite
- Spring-loaded case holds about a dozen business cards
- (Number of cards depends on weight of cardstock.)
- Material: Zinc alloy
- Dimensions: 4.5″ x 2.17″
- Weight: 7 ounces
Star Wars Death Star Tea Infuser
It’s no secret that Darth Vader has anger issues. He’s quick with the barking of orders and the Force choking. He rules by intimidation, which works… okay. We wonder, though, if Vader could take a page from a leader who had the admiration and respect of his crew: Jean-Luc Picard. And let’s face it, the crew of the Enterprise were much better shots than the average Stormtrooper.
What’s the big difference between the two leaders? Tea, of course. Earl Grey. Hot. If only Vader could sit down and wrap his black gloves around a steaming mug of bergamot-scented tea, then he could get to the bottom of all his anger and be a more productive leader. Then maybe someone could have fixed that thermal exhaust port so it didn’t go directly to the reactor system. Alas, we can’t rewrite history… but you can muse about what could have been while steeping your favorite tea leaves in this stainless steel Death Star Tea Infuser.
- Tea infuser molded to look like the Death Star
- Fill with your favorite loose leaf tea
- Officially licensed Lucasfilm collectible
- Materials: Stainless Steel
- Yes, it’s dishwasher safe!
This one-of-a-kind plant has lived on the Earth for over 290 million years and has the ability to “come back to life” (much like the undead) over and over again for hundreds of years! Simply place this seemingly dead ball of foliage in water and within hours it transforms into a vibrant green blood-sucking evergreen. Ok, we are kidding about the blood-sucking part. It’s still amazing though! It’s also great for lazy folks since you can forget to water your Dinosaur plant whenever you want! It will simply dry up and hibernate for up to fifty years and will spring to life every time it is given water.
Some Interesting Tidbits about your Dinosaur Plant:
- During the Carboniferous period these plants used to grow over 120 feet tall (bigger than a T-rex)
- When dry it curls up into a tight ball so that the wind can easily roll it to a new location or cubicle, hopefully closer to moisture.
- Retains 3% of its water when it is dehydrated.
- Grows to be about 4″
- Enjoys life so much it survived the Ice Age
- Live Dinosaur Plant (Selaginella Lepidophylla)
- Bag of genuine Volcanic Lava Rock
- Display Bowl