Six Flags Fiesta Texas decided to make the world a better place by introducing a 4D roller coaster simply known as Batman: The Ride. The amazing design of the spiffy new ride employs ultra-modern magnetic technology, which causes riders to flip head over heels with the feeling of pure weightlessness. It also boasts as the first roller coaster in the world to introduce this technology….and to sweeten the deal, they included a full-scale Batmobile, the Bat-Signal, plus cutting edge special effects throughout the ride!
Park president Martin Bozer says:
“Every year we continue to provide more and more innovative technology and excitement for our park guests and season pass holders. BATMAN™: The Ride is an entirely new concept in ride engineering and will provide a sensory experience like no other coaster. The unanticipated tumbling will add even more thrills as riders travel along the dipping and swirling track”
Batman: The Ride official description (courtesy of Sixflags Fiesta Texas):
“BATMAN™: The Ride is a world class 4D Free Fly Coaster that thrusts you into a totally immersive, high-speed Gotham City adventure. You’ll board Batman’s latest creation – a mind-warping thrill coaster loaded with special effects and cutting edge construction. The utterly innovative design of the ride delivers a brand new coastering experience that is the only one of its kind in the world. Magnetic fins cause you to flip as you fly over the top of a 12-story hill and two beyond vertical drops. You won’t need a Batsuit to ride – just Batman-level bravery!”
Check out the unique construction of BATMAN™: The Ride features –
- The world’s first, one-of-a-kind onboard magnetic technology featuring six smooth head-over-heels free-fly flips providing guests the feeling of weightlessness as they soar outside the confines of a traditional track;
- A 4D wing coaster that seats up to eight and has riders “face their fears” by allowing them to physically face each other as they tumble head-over-heels;
- A 120-foot tall hill that is ascended by an elevator-style lift straight up;
- Two beyond 90-degree raven drops giving the sensation of free-falling;
- Five vehicles with eight passengers each;
- A Bruce Wayne/Batman theme throughout the queue line featuring the Batmobile and Bat-Signal.
Batman: The Ride will join the Six Flags Fiesta lineup in 2015.
Some screenshots from the clip