Clarke and Pip Andersen have officially joined the cast ensemble of the much talked about ‘Star Wars: Episode 7”. The newcomers were selected after an open casting call that spanned 11 US and UK cities, and from 30,000 online applicants. The production team is planning a brief two-week hiatus in August, while Harrison Ford recovers from a leg injury. This should give the newbies enough time to settle in with filming underway in London and Abu Dhabi.
Lucasfilm president and producer of the film, Kathleen Kennedy said:
“The Star Wars universe has always been about discovering and nurturing young talent and in casting Episode VII we wanted to remain absolutely faithful to this tradition,”
“We are delighted that so many travelled to see us at the open casting calls and that we have been able to make Crystal and Pip a part of the film.”
Crystal is an aspiring stage and screen American actress residing in Glasgow, Scotland. According to Mtv.com, “Clarke has been a regular on the stage scene and will make her feature debut in “The Moon and the Sun,” alongside Pierce Brosnan, William Hurt, Benjamin Walker, and Pablo Schreiber (a.k.a. Pornstache from “Orange is the New Black“), in 2015.” Pip is a British actor and skilled practitioner of parkour. He recently demonstrated his remarkable skills in a “Spider-Man” ad for Sony. We have to assume that we will see of lot of those “Spider-Man” skills in the upcoming seventh installment.
Check out pip in action!
“Star Wars: Episode 7” is still on route to be released on December 18, 2015, despite the incident involving Harrison Ford’s ankle injury. Ford and Fisher are joined by original members like Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker. Additional cast members include the likes of John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, Max von Sydow, Lupita Nyong’o, and Gwendoline Christie to name a few. Filming is currently taking place in London and Abu Dhabi. Star Wars fans can expect “Episode 7″ to be set 30 years after 1983′s “Return of the Jedi”. Two sequels are set with the first one to follow in 2017, and the second in 2019.
Check out our ‘Star Wars Episode 7′ archive
- J.J. Abrams Confirms Millenium Falcon Will be in Star Wars Episode 7
- ‘Godzilla’ Director Gareth Edwards Tapped to Helm ‘Star Wars’ Spin-Off
- J.J. Abrams Wants to Give ‘Star Wars’ Geeks a Change to Star in ‘Episode 7′
- J.J. Abrams Releases First Star Wars Episode 7 Set
- J.J. Abrams Note sent to Star Wars Episode 7 Cast and Crew
- Star Wars Episode 7 Starts Shooting Today
- Will Adam Driver Portray Han Solo’s Son in ‘Star Wars 7′?
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7′ to Start Filming on May 13 in Abu Dhabi Desert
- Harrison Ford to Miss Two Months of ‘Star Wars Episode 7′ Filming