There is villain casting that was kept a secret! Josh Brolin was reportedly cast months ago to voice the villainous Thanos in the upcoming Marvel movie “Guardians of the Galaxy“. It is still unclear if Brolin is set to reprise his role in the “The Avengers” sequel, but director James Gunn hinted at a possible link between the two pics in the Marvel franchise. Speaking to Entertainment Weekly last month he said:
”We’re definitely connected to Avengers 3,”
We got a glimpse of the descendant of Eternals at the end of 2012’s “The Avengers”. “Guardians” will also assist with connecting the dots in the Marvel cinematic universe. Thanos’ appearance will lend a hand to setup the storyline for “Avengers: Age of Ultron” which is set to be released in May 1 2015.
Written and directed by Gunn, the penultimate entry in “Phase Two” of Marvel Studios’ ongoing cinematic universe is set to be released on August 1. The star-studded cast includes Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Lee Pace, Djimon Hounsou, Karen Gillan, Benicio del Toro, John C. Reilly, Glenn Close, Gregg Henry, Bradley Cooper, Michael Rooker and Vin Diesel.
Recent updates: Also see our “Avengers: Age of Ultron” archive
- Will we see Miss Marvel in ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’?
- ‘The Avengers : Age of Ultron’ Set to Film in South Africa
- Kevin Feige Reveals ‘Avengers 2′ Will Tell Black Widow’s Backstory, Teases Solo Movie
- Avengers: Age of Ultron First Set Photos leaked
- Thomas Kretschmann Signs Multi-Picture Deal With Marvel
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant, Will this Affect Her Role in “Avengers: Age of Ultron”?
- First Look: Concept Visuals for ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’, ‘Ant-Man’ and ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’