Get your Geek on with these stylish, fresh and elegant Gadgets. Here’s our Geek Gadgets of the Week:
Lord of the Rings Monopoly
Buy all of Middle-earth!
They’re taking the Hobbits to Isengard . . . and then charging them a lot of rent! Because there are hotels on Isengard and it’s part of a monopoly. Because this Middle-earth isn’t all about fun and games and fiery eyeballs;this Middle-earth is all about buying all the property you can, developing it, and then charging your friends out the Orc’s earhole for landing on your property. That’s right, this is Lord of the Rings Monopoly.
And Lord of the Rings Monopoly is just what you’d expect. It’s the classic game of property buying/selling/trading with Lord of the Rings revamp. Gone are Chance and Community Chest cards; they’ve been replaced with Good and Evil cards. The properties are all straight from Middle-earth now, as are the playing pieces! If you like Hobbits and Dwarves and Elves and being a land baron(ess), then Lord of the Rings Monopoly is for you!
Lord of the Rings Monopoly
- For Ages 8 and up.
- Don’t just travel through Middle-earth – own it!
- Just like the Monopoly you know and love, but now crammed to the pointed hat full of Lord of the Rings-y goodness.
- Buy, sell, and trade such places as Isengard, Helm’s Deep, and Mount Doom.
- Six collectible tokens include: Bill the Pony, Aragorn’s Crown, Boromir’s Gondorian Horn, Sting, an Elven Brooch, and Gandalf’s Hat.
- Includes: Lord of the Rings-y game board, money, property cards, Good and Evil cards (replaces Chance and Community Chest), hotel and houses, 6 movement tokens, and instructions.
- Dimensions: Monopoly-sized.
Plants vs. Zombies Lawn Ornament
Who knew? Peas kill zombies.
Many neighborhoods have a bit of a lawn competition going on. Have you noticed? If your neighbor mows his lawn then, of course, you have to mow yours quickly otherwise your lawn will look like the crazy overgrown one. You also are constantly worried about weeds because although everyone on the street has plush, thick, green lawns, yours somehow is covered in dandelions!
Never fear, your lawn worries are about to be a thing of the past. Plants vs. Zombies to the rescue! You can throw away those old pink flamingo lawn ornaments and toss those garden gnomes because now you can have the coolest lawn on the street with these Plants vs. Zombies Lawn Ornaments available in Peashooter or Zombie. Just let somebody try to say something about your lawn now!
- Lawn ornaments from your favorite mobile game
- Official Plants vs. Zombies merchandise
- Materials: Plastic resin
- Peashooter – 9″
- Zombie – 14″
Pacific Rim Action Figures
Humanity’s last stand
As humanity continues to grow and thrive, something beneath the Pacific Ocean stirs. A portal has opened on the ocean floor and monstrous creatures known only as “Kaiju” have risen. Mankind is immediately pushed to the brink of extinction as their resources and will to fight are consumed. In one final response, massive robots known as Jaegers are created.
Two individuals pilot the Jaegers with their minds melded together via neural bridging. But, as the war rages on, the Kaiju show no signs of slowing and their numbers continue to grow. With their numbers dwindling and their power weakened, humanity has to make one final stand.
Tetris Stackable LED Desk Lamp
What a wonderful idea! Tetris piece shaped lamps that you can stack. Of course, you’re going to have to be sure to stack them non-optimally. If you make a straight line, sure, you’ll get points, but then your lamp will disappear!
Hang on, let us double check that…
Oh, phew! It has just come to our attention that when you stack these lamps they do not disappear like in the actual game. Please, forgive us, we figured it was just common knowledge that a Stackable Tetris LED Desk Lamp would actually mimic the game. These Tetris blocks light up when they’re stacked together. It seems that there is no science capable of making teleporting light fixtures a thing. We’ll have GeekLabs get on it.
- Seven-piece interlocking light fixture for fans of Tetris
- Pieces can be stacked in any combination
- LED light turns on when the pieces are stacked together and stays off when dissembled.
- Dimensions: 7″ x 4″ x 1″ (height and width vary depending on stacked pattern)
- Power: Plugs into standard US 110v outlet
- Weight: 3.5 ounces