This is absolutely amazing! The bebionic3, “Terminator hand”, is probably the most sophisticated and refined prosthetic hand ever build. It can actually be used to tie shoelaces, lift an egg from the egg tray and even write. The fascinating invention is made by RSLSteeper, which won an award in the Prosthetics Category at the da Vinci Awards. The hand had been selected as one of only 15 worldwide innovations to feature at the da Vinci Awards, which has become a major international forum for the latest developments in adaptive and assistive technology.
Nigel Ackland demonstrates in the videos how the hand operates. I will not be surprised if Sarah Conner and the T800 pays him a visit to destroy the “terminator hand”. Oh yes, it is starting people, Skynet will be activated soon!
- Individual Motors in each finger allow you to move the hand and grip in a natural, coordinated way. The motors are positioned to optimise weight distribution – making the hand feel lighter and more comfortable.
- Powerful microprocessors continuously monitor the position of each finger, giving you precise, reliable control over hand movements.
- 14 Selectable grip patterns and hand positions enable you to perform a huge number of everyday activities with ease.
- Proportional Speed Control gives you precision control over delicate tasks, so you can pick up an egg or hold a polystyrene cup as easily as crushing an empty can.
- bebalance software and wireless technology located within the bebionic3 myoelectric hand makes it easy to customise the functions to suit your preferences and lifestyle.
- Selectable thumb positions and a built-in sensor enable you to complete more tasks than ever before.
- Auto grip means no more accidents, as bebionic3 automatically senses when a gripped item is slipping and adjusts the grip to secure it.
- Foldaway fingers provide natural looking movement, and flex when you brush past people or bump into objects.
- Durable construction and advanced materials makes bebionic3 strong enough to handle up to 45kg – so you can confidently use the hand to carry heavy objects, and push yourself up from a seated position.
- Innovative palm design protects bebionic3 from impact damage, and makes the hand quieter than ever.
- Soft finger pads and a wide thumb profile maximises the surface area, and enhances grip.
See all the videos: