It all happened on the Live Jimmy Kimmel show when Harrison Ford was asked a question about the new and upcoming Star Wars VII Movie. We know that Harrison Ford has previously refused to answer any questions about the film. The upcoming episode VII has been the talking point of the geekdom world as of late. Rumors about who will play in the movie, what plot lines there will be and what we can expect have been flying all over the place.
This video is all good fun, and you have to give it to Indy as he plays along with the show:
Harrison Ford outburst after Star Wars Episode VII Question
Disney and J.J. Abrams plan a big announcement for this summer, likely at 2013 Comic-Con or the D23 Expo.
Here are some of the rumours regarding Star Wars Episode VII:
– Episode VII would begin roughly 20 (or perhaps 30 or 40) years after the end of Return of the Jedi (according to Lucas in 1980 and 1982)
– R2-D2 and C-3PO would be the only characters who might continue through all nine films (Lucas in 1980, 1981 and 1983).
– The trilogy would deal with the rebuilding of the Republic (Lucas in 1980))
– “It’s like a saga, the story of a group of people, a family” (Lucas in 1980)
– The focus would be on Luke Skywalker’s journey to becoming the premier Jedi knight, with Luke’s sister (who was not Leia) appearing in Episode VIII, and the first appearance of the Emperor, and Luke’s ultimate confrontation with him, in Episode IX (a storyline as planned pre-1980, according to A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back producer Gary Kurtz).
– Luke would have a romantic relationship with a female love interest (Lucas in 1988)
– The main theme of the trilogy would be moral and philosophical problems, such as the necessity for moral choices and the wisdom needed to distinguish right from wrong, justice, confrontation, and passing on what you have learned (Lucas in 1983 and 1989).
– The key actors, Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker, Harrison Ford as Han Solo, and Carrie Fisher as Princess Leia, would appear, in their 60s or 70s (Lucas in 1983).
– In Episode IX, Hamill would cameo, “like Obi-Wan handing the lightsaber down to the next new hope” (according to Hamill, in 2004).