The first weekend of every October month has become known as rAge weekend. rAge is Africa’s largest technology and gaming exhibition. It’s a three-day fever fest of everything that is gaming, and is eagerly anticipated by professional gamers, casual players and tech-savy families. rAge 2013 will showcase computer and console gaming hardware, PC, PlayStation, Xbox and Nintendo games, gaming accessories from joysticks to headphones, comic books, figurines, anime, role playing, cosplay, board games, creative arts, competitive collectible card games, local game developers and more!
In addition to local gaming representation, rAge has also caught the attention of international developers and experts in the field who encourage visitors to interact with them and to see – and sometimes play – preview (beta) game code months before it goes on sale, as well as experience behind closed doors game presentations. 2012’s rAge saw the highest attendance ever, with 28,930 visitors through the door over the weekend – an 8% increase from the already staggering 29% growth of the 2011 show.
Then there’s the Massive LAN, which GeekShizzle is particularly interested in, and have been taking part in since 2005. This is when our true geek shines brightest for a full 52 hours! Non stop gaming and experiencing the best that technology has to offer! The mind-blowing LAN is a thrilling 52 hour event where around 2,000 gamers are connected for the largest LAN (local area network) in the southern hemisphere. If you are attending this years LAN at rAge, then here’s an important list of things to know.
Here’s a look at last years rAge:
Here’s some of the things you will see at this years rAge:
- Exclusive hands-on time with upcoming Wii U and 3DS titles as well as the NEW Nintendo 2DS!
- PlayStation 4 (PS4) to be unveiled and fans will get a hands on experience with some of the latest games (Rumors are these games will be BEYOND: Two Souls, Invizimals and Killzone: Mercenary)
- Insane give-aways all over through-out the entire weekend. to name one, Matrix Warehouse will giving away a gaming rig worth R30,000 ($3000)
- ‘Danylo “Dendi” Ishutin‘(Dota 2 champion for Na’Vi sponsored by SteelSeries) will be attending this year’s rAge to meet with fans and players alike.
- Entelect Software and NAG Magazine are hosting the Entelect 100K Challenge – a gaming tournament that will test your artificial intelligence-coding skills. Entries closed on 2 September, with the finals to be held at rAge, for the R100,000 ($10 000) cash prize
- For a more details list visit the rAge expo site.
We will be updating you on all the latest technology, games and software. So stay tuned!