Earlier this week, Simon Pegg uploaded three pictures he took during his visit at Marvel Studios. Needless to say the pictures caused quite a stir with rumors spreading that he might star as “Ant-Man.” The first two pics feature Pegg standing next to a Hulk figure and fooling around with Thor’s hammer.
The last image shows Pegg pointing his index finger at the “Ant-Man” picture on the wall, hinting that he might be involved with Marvel’s humble hero. However, the “Hot Fuzz” star denies reports that he will be the “Ant-Man” depicter.
Pegg writes on Twitter:
“FFS the Internet, all I did was point at the central character in my dear friend’s next movie, because I’m excited for him,”
Ryan Penagos, executive editorial director at Marvel, also chipped in:
“Nope! We just had him in the NYC office for a tour and a podcast.”
Armie Hammer’s name made the rounds to suit up as Ant-Man. The rumors suggested that the leading man in “The Lone Ranger” was personally approached by Edgar Wright when visiting “Captain America: The Winter Soldier” set.
“I did go visit the set, though. Not with Edgar. Um… a buddy of mine was working on the movie so I just wanted to go say hi,”.
The hunt for the coveted role continues.
- Avengers 2 – Everything you need to know
- Founding Member of “The Avengers”, Who is Hank Pym?
- Who is Ultron? The Villain in “Avengers 2: Age of Ultron”
- Hank Pym Will Be in ‘Ant-Man’, Not “Avengers 2“
- Vin Diesel to Star in Avengers 2? – “Wow” Meeting with Marvel
- Vision, Loki and Thanos Will Not Be in ‘Avengers 2′