One of the big announcements from Marvel at this years Comic con was that Avengers 2 will officially be titled “Avengers 2: The Age of Ultron“. Ultron? Who is Ultron? Isn’t Thanos going to be the main villain? Well, we still do not know exactly how or where both Thanos and/or Ultron will fit into the second Avengers film, but what we can do is take a closer look into Ultron. Ultron is a rather complex entity/character seeing as He/It is rebotic, making appearances and powers that constantly varies. This is what we know:
Ultron is a robotic super villain that appears in comic books published by Marvel Comics. The character initially appeared in an unnamed cameo in Avengers #54 (1968), with a first full appearance in Avengers #55 (1968). Ultron was created by writer Roy Thomas and artist John Buscema. In 2009, Ultron was ranked as IGN’s 23rd Greatest Comic Book Villain of All Time.
Ultron has a rather extensive history if you go on the comics alone, being a robot, he is bound to rebuild and constantly upgrade himself, labelling himself as the next version, Ultron-1, or Ultron 2, etc. In Avengers 57 – 58 in a flashback sequence it is revealed that Ultron is the creator of the “synthezoid” the Vision, but most commonly his creator is known as Hank Pym. Ultron ends up being able to gradually develop its own intelligence and then rebels, being hell-bent on destroying the Avengers. It is known for leading the Masters of Evil against the Avengers.
There are multiple occurrences where Ultron attacks and battles against the Avengers. One example is where it attacks the wedding of the Inhuman Crystal and the Avenger Quicksilver, and battling the Avengers,Inhumans, and Fantastic Four before being destroyed once again.
In another Ultron has returned and conquers the world while slowly remolding it into his image. His Ultron Sentinels are guarding the streets looking for any fugitives. Hawkeye runs into the Ultron Sentinels as he was rescuing the Superior Spider-Man yet manages to destroy the Ultron Sentinels present.
Powers & Abilities:
Because Ultron keeps rebuilding and upgrading himself, his visual appearance and powers varies, but common powers include:
- Superhuman levels of strength
- Speed, stamina, durability, and reflexes
- Flight at subsonic speeds
- Various offensive weapons such as concussive blasts of energy fired from its optical sensors and hands, and an “encephalo-ray”, which places victims into a deathlike coma. The latter ray also allows Ultron to mesmerize and mind-control victims, or implant subliminal hypnotic commands within their minds to be enacted at a later time. – The ability to convert electromagnetic radiation into electrical energy for use or storage.
- Genius intellect, a capacity for creative intelligence and self-repair, superhuman cybernetic analytical capabilities, and the ability to process information and make calculations with superhuman speed and accuracy.
- Expert roboticist and strategist.
- Hisouter armour is usually composed of primarily adamantium,
- Ultron is powered by a small internal nuclear furnace and incorporate a “program transmitter” which can beam part or all of Ultron’s memory/personality system into other computer systems or duplicate robotic bodies.
- Ultron can also control other machines remotely.
However complex, Ultron seems like a truly formidable foe! We genuinely look forward to seeing him in The Avengers 2!
- Avengers 2 – Everything you need to know
- Founding Member of “The Avengers”, Who is Hank Pym?
- Hank Pym Will Be in ‘Ant-Man’, Not “Avengers 2“
- Vin Diesel to Star in Avengers 2? – “Wow” Meeting with Marve
- Vision, Loki and Thanos Will Not Be in ‘Avengers 2′
- Avengers 2: One of 13 Most Anticipated Movies of 2015
- Elizabeth Olsen in the Running for Scarlet Witch?
If you enjoyed this post please Share it!