The movie slate for 2015 is already packed with blockbusters. We still have 2 years left to see how things will unfold till the films are released selected on our list. Hopefully the journey to get there will be a fruitful one so that we can enjoy what is in store. This is GeekShizzle’s list of the 13 Most Anticipated Movies of 2015.
Star Wars Episode 7
The beginning of the new Star Wars trilogy will take place sometime after the events of Star Wars: Episode VI – Return of the Jedi. The film will likely focus on a new generation of heroes as well as an older Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia Organa. It is rumoured that Jaina and Jacen Solo would be the central protagonists in the upcoming Starwars blockbuster, however this has not been confirmed.
“Star Wars Episode 7″ is currently in pre-production with J.J Abrams directing the film, Kathleen Kennedy producing and Michael Arndt writing the script. George Lucas confirmed he will not be involved in the “Star Wars Episode 7″ project .
“If they need help or anything, they’ll give me a call. Otherwise, I’m off on my own.”
Lucas expressed his confidence about director J.J Abrams helming the upcoming “Star Wars Episode 7″.
“Yeah. J.J.’s a great director and we’re friends. I think he understands the whole thing and how it works.”
No specific release dates have been confirmed, however we can expect Star Wars Episode 7 to be released in 2015. The following actors are rumored to star in the upcoming film: Harrison Ford (Han Solo), Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker) and Carrie Fisher (Leia Solo)
Additional Source: http://www.starwars.com/
- Darth Vader Actor Wants In On ‘Star Wars Episode 7
- ‘Star Wars Episode 7′ to Make Release Date History?
- ‘Star Wars Episode 7′ Gets Two New Potential Titles
- ‘Star Wars Episode 7′ Casting Rumors Update
- J.J. Abrams and Lawrence Kasdan Take Over As ‘Star Wars Episode 7′ Scribes
- ‘Star Wars Episode 7′ Official Release Date Announced
- R2-D2 seen on the set of Star Wars: Episode VII
- ‘Star Wars Episode 7′ Casting Rumors Include Military Man, Tough Teenage Girl and More
- ‘Star Wars 7′ Casting Rumors Include Emmanuelle Chriqui and Taissa Farmiga
- ‘Star Wars Episode 7′ Scribe Lawrence Kasdan Tapped to Write Boba Fett Spin-Off
- “Star Wars 7” Update: Michael Fassbender, Hugo Weaving and More Rumored to Join Cast
- Will Judi Dench Play Mon Mothma in ‘Star Wars Episode 7′?
- ‘Star Wars Episode 7’ Script finished, Filming set for May
- Zac Efron “Went and Met with” Disney for ‘Star Wars Episode 7′
- ‘Transformers 4′ Star Jack Reynor cast in ‘Star Wars Episode 7′?
- Adam Driver Close to Signing as Villain in ‘Star Wars Episode 7′
- Carrie Fisher Rumored to Film ‘Star Wars Episode 7′ in London for Six Months
- ‘Star Wars Episode 7′ Identifies Five Actors for the Lead Role
- ‘Star Wars Episode 7′ to Film in May in London, to Take Place 30 Years After ‘Return of Jedi’
- ‘Cast of Unknowns’ Destined for ‘Star Wars Episode 7′
- Peter Mayhew to Reprise His Role as Chewbacca in ‘Star Wars Episode 7′
- Han Solo Expected to Play ‘Gigantic’ Role in ‘Star Wars Episode 7′
- ‘Star Wars Episode 7′ Cast Finally Revealed!
- Star Wars Episode 7 – Everything You Need to Know
- ‘Star Wars Episode 7′: New Casting Call Reveals Interesting Character Requirements
- Possible Working Titles Revealed for ‘Star Wars Episode 7′
- J.J. Abrams Confirms Millenium Falcon Will be in Star Wars Episode 7
- J.J. Abrams Wants to Give ‘Star Wars’ Geeks a Change to Star in ‘Episode 7′
- J.J. Abrams Releases First Star Wars Episode 7 Set
- J.J. Abrams Note sent to Star Wars Episode 7 Cast and Crew
- Star Wars Episode 7 Starts Shooting Today
- Will Adam Driver Portray Han Solo’s Son in ‘Star Wars 7′?
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7′ to Start Filming on May 13 in Abu Dhabi Desert
The Avengers 2
Joss Whedon directed one of the biggest movies of all-time in “The Avengers” and will return to direct “The Avengers 2″ in 2015. We can expect the return of the entire cast with the inclusion of (rumoured) Ms.Marvel. There are plans to include Thanos, Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch. Unfortunately no additional information is available to shed some light on what we can expect for the Avengers sequel.
Crave Online broke the news first when Josh Whedon revealed his character plans for Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch:
“[They're] a huge part of [Avengers 2]. I’m really excited about it. I don’t know what they’re doing and I’m determinably not knowing. They’ll do their thing. I have to do mine”
How can he leave us hanging in the air like that? With that comment we will have to stick around to find out what is in store! The Avengers 2 will be available in cinemas on May 1, 2015.
- Avengers 2 – Everything you need to know
- Founding Member of “The Avengers”, Who is Hank Pym?
- Who is Ultron? The Villain in “Avengers 2: Age of Ultron”
- Hank Pym Will Be in ‘Ant-Man’, Not “Avengers 2“
- Vin Diesel to Star in Avengers 2? – “Wow” Meeting with Marvel
- Vision, Loki and Thanos Will Not Be in ‘Avengers 2′
- Ultron’s Abilities “Stripped Back” for “Avengers” Sequel
- Elizabeth Olsen in the Running for Scarlet Witch?
- James Spader cast as Ultron in Avengers: Age of Ultron
- Avengers: Age of Ultron Announcement Trailer Finally Available
- Elizabeth Olsen Officially Joins ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’ Cast
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’ Villain James Spader Will Be More Than a Robot Voice
- Will Baron Wolfgang von Strucker be the Second Villain in ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’?
- Don Cheadle’s War Machine Will Return For ‘Avengers: Age Of Ultron’
- Will Simon McBurney Play the New Jarvis in ‘The Avengers: Age of Ultron’?
- Robert Downey Jr. Wants Mel Gibson and Jodie Foster for ‘Avengers 2′
- Thomas Kretschmann Cast as Another Villain in Avengers 2
- Paul Bettany Cast as the Vision in ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’
- Will we see Miss Marvel in ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’?
- ‘The Avengers : Age of Ultron’ Set to Film in South Africa
- Kevin Feige Reveals ‘Avengers 2′ Will Tell Black Widow’s Backstory, Teases Solo Movie
- Avengers: Age of Ultron First Set Photos leaked
- Thomas Kretschmann Signs Multi-Picture Deal With Marvel
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant, Will this Affect Her Role in “Avengers: Age of Ultron”?
- First Look: Concept Visuals for ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’, ‘Ant-Man’ and ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’
- ‘Avengers 2′ Promises Bigger Roles for Hulk and Hawkeye
- Josh Brolin Will Voice Thanos in ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ and Hopefully ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’
Justice League – Moved to 2016
The task to script Justice League has been handed over to Will Beall, the “Gangster Squad” screenwriter has been working on something since last year, though no script has been returned yet. No director has been announced, Warner Bros. is still on the lookout for a suitable candidate to sit at the helm of the project.
Many will agree that DC’s Justice League will be a gamble, especially with the failure of “The Green Lantern” has GeekShizzle wondering if the DC stable is strong enough to bring enough interest to fill the seats. Talks of Christopher Nolan taking over the DC Universe at Warner Bros, revealed by Latino Review, should excite the DC fanboys and the general moviegoers. Having Nolan attached to this project, one can only expect success based on his proven track record with the Batman trilogy.
It was rumoured that Christian Bale will be reprising his role as Batman however he denied that he was in talks with the studio to make an appearance. In the last few months there have been stories saying that Joseph Gordon-Levitt would be playing the Caped Crusader, but that was denied too.
Can we predict if any of this will happen? Of course not, speculation and rumors will have us dancing at the studios feet until they throw us a bone with some meat on it. Till then we will keep you posted.
Based on the Marvel comic book property, at Comic-Con 2012, director Edgar Wright (known for Shaun of the Dead and Scott Pilgrim vs.the World to name a few) came onstage to show a test reel he did for the pic about Hank Pym, a scientist who discovers a way to diminish and increase his size in an instant. The still-unfinished clip was an action sequence, in which Ant-Man takes out a couple of security guards in micronized form. GeekShizzle is very excited, with director Edgar Wright at the helm we are expecting something spectacular. This is what Edgar had to say at Comic-Con:
Nathan Fillion rules out role in Edgar Wright’s ‘Ant-Man’ movie.
“I’m pretty booked-up right now as far as work goes, and there’s so much more going on in the entertainment industry than just, ‘Oh, you know who would be great in that?’ There’s a lot more that comes into play.”
Armie Hammer will also not be suiting up it seems.
Antman’s story: A one of a kind Marvel hero, Dr. Henry ‘Hank’ Pym is the man who discovered how to shrink objects while conducting research for the benefit of mankind. Testing the experimental serum on himself, he shrank down much smaller than expected and was unable to reach his antidote. This led him on an adventure into an anthill before finally restoring himself and developing a means to control ants, a power which he used to fight criminals.
Kevin Feige confirmed that it will be the first film in Phase Three of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
It is set for release on November 6, 2015
- Founding Member of “The Avengers”, Who is Hank Pym?
- Hank Pym Will Be in ‘Ant-Man’
- Edgar Wright Explains Ultron’s Absence in “Ant-Man” Movie
- ‘Ant-man‘ Release Date Moved from Nov to Jul 2015
- First Set Image Revealed for ‘Ant-Man’
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Paul Rudd In Talks for ‘Ant-Man’
- Are Paul Rudd and Rashida Jones Close to Signing on for Ant-Man?
- Paul Rudd Reportedly Cast As ‘Ant-Man‘
- Edgar Wright Teases ‘Ant-Man’ Plot Featuring Two Protagonists
- Michael Douglas Confirmed as Hank Pym In ‘Ant-Man’, Paul Rudd is Scott Lang
- Ant-Man’s Superheroes Hank Pym and Scott Lang Explained
- Michael Pena in Talks for a Role in ‘Ant-Man’
- Edgar Wright Teases Hank Pym’s Classic 1960′s Ant-Man Suit
- Evangeline Lilly in ‘Early Talks’ for Female Lead in ‘Ant-Man’
- First Look: Concept Visuals for ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’, ‘Ant-Man’ and ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’
- ‘House of Cards’ Alum Corey Stoll in Talks for ‘Ant-Man’
- All Hail the King’s Matt Gerald Cast as a Villain in ‘Ant-Man’
- Antman loses Writer and Director Edgar Wright
- Joss Whedon Responds to the Edgar Wright Antman Departure
- Three Top Contenders Identified to Direct ‘Ant-Man’
- Two More Directors in Talks to Helm ‘Ant-Man’
- Peyton Reed Hired to Direct ‘Ant-Man’, Adam McKay to Rewrite the Script
- Simon Pegg Says Edgar Wright’s Exit From ‘Ant-Man’ is “Marvel’s Loss”
Avatar 2 – Moved to 2016
James Cameron has hinted that the heroes will venture to some of Polyphemus’s other moons in the film and they will explore the oceans of Pandora. He also confirmed that as part of the creative direction in building character background they will be exploring the Na’vi culture more. Avatar 2 will take place several years after the events of the original film. James Cameron also stated that the style would be influenced by the master navigator culture of the small pacific civilizations of Micronesia.
Cameron has said that Avatar 2 and Avatar 3 are one script, “not really a trilogy, but just an overall character arc.” They will reportedly be shot back to back.
Parts of the sequels will take place underwater, this would be a huge leap ahead in technology that’s been evolving. Oscar-winning producer Jon Landau shared the following in an interview:
“We have kept a team of digital artists on from Avatar in order to test how we can create performance capture underwater,” he said. “We could simulate water [in computer graphics], but we can’t simulate the actor’s experience, so we are going to capture performance in a tank.”
“We are looking at [techniques including] what we did before with reflective markers,” he said, adding that another important task is “how we record reference photography so that as we are going through the editorial process and the post production workflow, we can see what the actors did and make sure that the final performance up on screen represents that.”
Cameron visited China in 2012 during the Beijing Film Festival, where he spoke with the New York Times.
This is what he had to say about the future of Avatar:
“I’m in the “Avatar” business. Period. That’s it. I’m making “Avatar 2,” “Avatar 3,” maybe “Avatar 4,” and I’m not going to produce other people’s movies for them. I’m not interested in taking scripts. And that all sounds I suppose a little bit restricted, but the point is I think within the “Avatar” landscape I can say everything I need to say that I think needs to be said, in terms of the state of the world and what I think we need to be doing about it. And doing it in an entertaining way. And anything I can’t say in that area, I want to say through documentaries, which I’m continuing.”
Avatar 2 is set for release in 2015, the exact dates will be confirmed.
- ‘Avatar’ Set for Three Sequels, Writers Announced
- ‘Avatar’ Villain Stephen Lang to Reprise Role
- Sam Worthington and Zoe Saldana Confirmed for Three ‘Avatar’ Sequels
- James Cameron Says Hi-Tech Software Will Speed Up Production of ‘Avatar’ Sequels
- ‘Avatar’ Sequels Include Sigourney Weaver’s Dr. Augustine in ‘Transformed’ Role
Jurassic Park IV – Now titled Jurassic World
The original Jurassic Park was brilliant partly because it was telling a story behind a story. DNA, genes, cloning etc was a hot topic at the time and needed a Hollywood vessel. Sticking with this concept will be tricky considering it is not original anymore. Neither is high budget CGI driven monster chase films. The notion of ethics in science is still pretty relevant; maybe there is still a story to be told there somewhere. As for now the premise of Jurassic Park IV is still a mystery. Steven Spielberg returns to produce the long-awaited film. Director Colin Trevorrow was hand-picked by Spielberg to helm Jurassic Park IV. The film will be shot in 3D.
Though Jurassic Park IV targeted for a release date in 2014, Universal decided not to rush production and recently announced that the production had been postponed in order to give director Colin Trevorrow enough time to prep the shoot. The franchise entry is a huge undertaking regardless, but it also marks “Safety Not Guaranteed” director Trevorrow’s first studio film. His rewrite of the script involves some pretty impressive set pieces that need careful attention.
Jurassic Park IV is set for release in 2015, the exact dates will be confirmed.
- Why the Hell is There a Jurassic Park 4?
- Bryce Dallas Howard in Talks to Star in ‘Jurassic World’ + Release dates
- ‘Jurassic World’ Will Take Place 22 Years After ‘Jurassic Park‘
- Ron Howard says Chris Pratt Will Star in ‘Jurassic World’
- Vincent D’Onofrio and Irrfan Khan Joins ‘Jurassic World’ Cast
- Omar Sy, Idris Elba and Jake Johnson Joins ‘Jurassic World’
Pirates of the Caribbean 5 – Moved to 2016
The legendary producer Jerry Bruckheimer announced that the Disney franchise will start shooting in a few months with Norwegian directors Joachim Roenning and Espen Sandberg (known for directing the Oscar nominated ‘Kon-Tiki.’) on board. Johnny Depp will reprise his role as Captain Jack Sparrow while Penelope Cruz, who played “Angelica Teach” in 2011′s “Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides,” has made no commitments to the fifth installment. There’s no plot to reveal at this point, and some doubt as to which other casting members from the previous films will return.
Expect Pirates of the Caribbean 5 to be released on July 10th, 2015,
- “Pirates of the Caribbean 5″ Has Received An Official Title
- ‘Pirates of the Caribbean 5′ Release Date Moved to 2016‘
- ‘Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales’ Not Approved to Move Forward Yet
Untitled new “Fantastic Four” project
The untitled new Fantastic Four project is set for a reboot and not a sequel. Fox had this plan in mind since the release of “Rise of the Silver Surfer” in 2007. Director Josh Trank is attached to the project and newcomer Jeremy Slater will write the script. Seth Grahame-Smith is the latest addition to assist the production team; he is responsible for final touches on the film’s script. The film will share continuity with the X-Men film series; unfortunately we don’t have any additional information on this exiting announcement.
During an interview with SciFiNow, comics guru Mark Millar revealed that Trank is working on contemporizing the story:
“From what I’ve seen and from talking to him – he and I have had dinner a couple of times and we talk quite regularly as well – he’s contemporizing it. I think he’s just making it work for the screen – he’s a great storyteller.”
He went on to talk about elements that have not been seen in a Superhero Movie Before:
“What I wasn’t expecting actually was just how funny and likeable he could make this as well as getting the more awesome moments on screen – I use awesome in the traditional British sense and not the California sense awesome, you know? The Ridley Scott moments, and the Fantastic Four really are jaw-dropping in the same way you feel when you saw Alien for the first time. There’s some moments in this – not to be specific – that are actually gonna be phenomenal on screen and stuff you haven’t seen in a superhero movie before.”
The ERC Box Office has revealed, the reboot is scheduled to be released on March 6, 2015.
- Fox Moves ‘Independence Day 2′, ‘Fantastic Four’ Reboot and Others
- Fox Reportedly Planning Fantastic Four vs. X-Men Movie
- Josh Gad Denies ‘Fantastic Four’ Casting Rumor via Twitter
- ‘Fantastic Four’ Script Complete, Miles Teller and More to Start Testing
- ‘Fantastic Four’ Reboot Identifies Final Casting Choices
- Michael B. Jordan Responds to ‘Fantastic Four’ Casting Backlash
- Toby Kebbell In Talks to Play Doctor Doom in ‘Fantastic Four’ Remake
- Doctor Doom Army of Drones or ‘Doombots’ Rumored for ‘Fantastic Four’
- Fantastic Four’ Reboot Will Explore ‘Coming of Age’ and Origin Story
ID Forever Part 1
The new sequels to the blockbuster film “Independence Day” will be named “ID Forever Part I” and ”ID Forever Part II” to form a trilogy. The new ventures will focus on the next generation of young heroes, including the stepson of Will Smith’s character in the original film. The idea of making a movie that will focus on characters who would have been children during the first invasion, makes this project intriguing considering there is a story to be told of their experiences post Independence Day.
Will Smith has expressed his lack of interest to sign-up for the sequels however Bill Pullman (to reprise his role as President Thomas J. Whitmore) will be joining the fight to defeat the aliens. Will Smith was still considered to be the center of the franchise, hoping that the “Bad Boys” actor will reprise his role as Captain Steven Hiller. Discussions for Smith returning were halted In October 2011 due to Fox’s refusal to provide the $50 million salary demanded by Smith.
German director Roland Emmerich, promised that once they receive the “go-ahead” for the sequel, Jeff Goldblum would definitely be back to reprise his role as David Levinson the MIT computer expert. Emmerich stated the films will take place 20 years after the original, seeing the ruthless aliens back to continue the fight. The reinforcements were only dispatched after finally receiving a distress call.
ID Forever Part 1 will hit theatres on July 3, 2015.
- Independence Day Sequels: Pullman and Goldblum On-Board
- Michael B. Jordan in Talks to Star in ‘Independence Day’ Sequel
- Will Smith Could Return for “Independence Day” Sequels
- ‘Independence Day 2′ Has Two Scripts Depending on Will Smith Involvement
- Fox Moves ‘Independence Day 2′, ‘Fantastic Four’ Reboot and Others
- Will Smith Will Not Return for ‘Independence Day’ Sequel
It was really something to envision, having Arnold back on the bike with the leather jacket and sunglasses. Sure they will probably never have him reprising his role as the T800 with the same look and feel as the previous Terminator films; however the mentioned look is his most common identifier. That being said there is much to look forward to after some announcements were made about the future of the Terminator franchise.
Superherohype.com reported that Terminator 5 will be set before the birth of Sarah Connor and focus on her parents in the 1940s and 50s. This scenario would once again involve a Terminator(s) being sent back in time to kill a target, only this time it’s decades before the attempts on Sarah and John Connor. At this stage nothing is confirmed however GeekShizzle will keep you posted.
Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson is rumored to likely face off against Schwarzenegger in Terminator 5, which is described as a “reboot” and it will be the first film to kick-off in a planned stand-alone trilogy. Hopefully the juicy rumor will find its way to be confirmed as a fact, “The Rock” will be a fantastic edition to the cast for the official Terminator reboot.
Skynet will invade cinemas on June 26, 2015.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger is back in Terminator 5
- Terminator 5 – First in a Stand-Alone Trilogy
- It’s “The Rock” VS Arnold Schwarzenegger in Terminator 5!
- ‘Terminator’ Release Date Moved Back to July 2015
- Tom Hardy and Emilia Clarke Among Those Sought For ‘Terminator’ Reboot
- Is ‘Terminator: Genesis’ the Title of the Upcoming Reboot?
- Game of Thrones Star Emilia Clarke confirmed as Sarah Connor in Terminator Reboot
- Kyle Reese Role in ‘Terminator: Genesis’ Down to Boyd Holbrook and Jai Courtney
- Jai Courtney Officialy Cast as Kylie Reese in ‘Terminator: Genesis’
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Talks ‘Terminator: Genesis’, Filming Starts April
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Talks ‘Terminator: Genesis’, The New Take Will Have the Same Feel as ‘Terminator 2′
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Will Play ‘Older’ Cyborg in ‘Terminator: Genesis’
- ‘Hunger Games’ Star Dayo Okeniyi Cast in ‘Terminator: Genesis’
- Pictures of Arnold Schwarzenegger’s Aging Cyborg Emerge for ‘Terminator: Genesis’
The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 2
Julianne Moore entered discussions to depict President Alma Coin in “The Hunger Games : Mockingjay” and “The Hunger Games : Mockingjay Part II”, says The Hollywood Reporter. President Alma Coin was the President of District 13 and the leader of the rebellion against the Capitol by the people of the districts of Panem. She is the secondary antagonist of Mockingjay, after Snow and the Capitol. She was first introduced when Katniss Everdeen met her in District 13.
If Moore is successful, the actress will join Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson and Liam Hemsworth as well as Philip Seymour Hoffman. She has previously shared the silver screen with Hoffman in “Magnolia” and “Boogie Nights”. Gary Ross will not return for Catching Fire,Francis Lawrence will be at the helm directing the Hunger Game projects.
The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 2 will be released on November 20, 2015.
According to Variety.com, Assassin’s Creed officially made the leap to transmedia. Ubi-Soft is currently developing a fourth installment to the series and plans on launching the game with the next generation game consoles XBOX One and Playstation 4.
The “X-Men: First Class” actor, Michael Fassbender, will star in and co-produce “Assassin’s Creed. Michael Lesslie is scripting the adaptation of the Ubisoft video game franchise. “Assassin’s Creed” is Ubisoft’s biggest franchise, selling over 30 million units since 2007. Ubi-Soft is currently developing a fourth installment to the series and plans on launching the game with the next generation game consoles XBOX One and PS4.
The plot of the film revolves around a man who learns his ancestors were trained assassins after he is kidnapped by a secret organization with ties to the Knights Templar, and sent back in time to retrieve historical artefacts. However there is no confirmation on the plot.
Julien Cuny, brand manager of content for the Assassin’s Creed franchise shared the following at the press briefing regarding the directing the film will take:
“We are not approaching it as a movie tied into a game,” “It is a time period everybody knows. It is not 18th century Mongolia.”
Cuny added regarding Fassbender:
“He is a gamer, but he is not hardcore. He doesn’t have the time. But he has played the series and really likes the franchise.”
Assassin’s Creed movie will debut May 22, 2015
Prometheus 2 – Possibly moved to 2016
Jack Paglen (writer of the Johnny Depp sci-fi film Transcendence) is currently in talks to write the follow-up to Ridley Scott’s Prometheus. It seems Prometheus 2 is still struggling to find a story, most likely we should see Noomi Rapace and Michael Fassbender reprise their roles in the upcoming sequel.
thewrap.com reminds us: The original starred Noomi Rapace as Elizabeth Shaw, a God-fearing archaeologist tasked with finding the Engineers, an alien race that served as the architects of humanity. Michael Fassbender co-starred as an android named David whose remains, by the end of the film, help sole human survivor Shaw launch an Engineer spacecraft bound for their home planet. The last shot featured an alien creature bursting out of an Engineer’s chest, and a sequel could incorporate that terrifying development.
It will be interesting to see how the sequel will tie in with the main story-line considering the directions it might take. The one consideration that will be the most obvious is to understand the untold story of the history of the LV-426. They were set to reach a destination at the end of Prometheus, reaching the destination and exploring the engineers home (home planet?) will be key. This will hopefully set the stage for a trilogy to wrap up what could be one of Ridley Scott’s best work.
Prometheus was considered a financial success overall, earning a total of $403,354,469 worldwide making it the 15th highest grossing film of 2012. The film generally had favorable reviews, however as far as the fans are concerned, Prometheus is probably the most divisive installment in the Alien franchise. With many unanswered questions, Prometheus 2 should be an interesting watch with many avenues to explore as far as telling the story of “Aliens” is concerned.
Prometheus 2 is set for release in 2015, the exact dates will be confirmed.
If you enjoyed this post please Share it!